Robert J. Sawyer has announced the short list for the first Lifeboat to the Stars Award. The award is being presented to the best work of science fiction of any length published in 2011 or 2012 contributing to an understanding of the benefits, means, and difficulties of interstellar travel. The first winner will be announced at 2013 Campbell Conference in Lawrence, KS the weekend of June 13-16 and includes a $1,000 prize.
- Tau Ceti, by Kevin J. Anderson and Steve Savile
- Bowl of Heaven, by Gregory Benford and Larry Niven
- “Twenty Lights to `The Land of Snow’,” by Michael Bishop
- “A Country for Old Men,” by Ben Bova
- “Lucy,” by Jack McDevitt
- Blue Remembered Earth, by Reynolds, Alastair
- “The First Day of Eternity,” by Domingo Santos (translated by Stanley Schmidt)
No comments yet.