The winners for this year’s Kurd Laßwitz award for science fiction published in Germany were announced on June 16.
- Best Novel: Pulsarnacht, by Dietmar Dath
- Best Short Story: “Im Käfig,” by Klaus N. Frick
- Best Foreign work: “Die Hölle ist die Abwesenheit Gottes,” by Ted Chiang (“Hell is the Absence of God”)
- Best Translation: Birgit Herden, Dorothea Kallfass, and Hannes Riffel for translating: Paolo Bacigalupi’s “Der Spieler” “The Player”
- Best Illustration: artwork appearing by Moreau, by Thomas Franke
- Best Radioplay: Unerwartete Ereignisse, by Heinz von Cramer
- Special Prize for Achievement in 2012: Ralf Boldt and Wolfgang Jeschke for being anthologist of Die Stille nach dem Ton
- Special Prize for Achievement over the Years: Ernst Wurdack for supporting German science-fiction and new talents as a publisher by publishing anthologies and story collections.
No comments yet.