The winners of the Seiun Awards were announced on July 20 at KOICON, the Japanese National SF Convention, in Hiroshima. The prizes for the translated stories will be presented at LoneStarCon 3.
- Best Japanese Long Story: The Empire of Corpses, by Priject Itoh X Enjoe
- Best Japanese Short Story: “Ima Shuugouteki Muishikio,” by Chohei Kanbayashi
- Best Translated Long Story: The Android’s Dream, by John Scalzi, translated by Masayuki Uchida
- Best Translated Short Story: “Pocketful of Dharma,” by Paolo Bacigalupi, translated by Hiroshi Kaneko
- Best Dramatic Presentation: Bodacious Space Pirates, directed by Tatsuo Sato
- Best Comic: Inherit the Stars, by Yukinobu Hoshino
- Best Artist: Kenji Tsuruta
- Best Nonfiction: Offprint of The Present and Future of CGM: The World Opened Up, by Hatsune Miku, Nico Nico Douga, and PIAPRO” from the May 2012 issue of IPSJ Magazine
- “Free” Section: iPS cells, CiRA Center for iPS Cell Research and Application, Kyoto University
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.