The finalists for the 2013 Washington Science Fiction Association (WSFA) Small Press Awards have been announced. The awards are given annually to recognize excellence in short fiction originally published in small press venues. This year’s winners will be announced October 11-13 at Capclave.
- “Astrophilia,” by Carrie Vaughn, published in Clarkesworld Magazine 7/12, edited by Neil Clarke
- “The Bookmaking Habits of Select Species,” by Ken Liu, published in Lightspeed Magazine 8/12, edited by John Joseph Adams
- “Bottled Spirits,” by Pamela K. Kinney, published in Buzzy Mag 6/12, edited by Laura Anne GIlman
- “Coca Xocolatl,” by Lawrence M. Schoen, published in ReDeus: Divine Tales, edited by Robert Greenberger and Aaron Rosenberg, Crazy Eight Press
- “Good Hunting,” by Ken Liu, published in Strange Horizons 8/12, edited by Brit Mandelo
- “Mornington Ride,” by Jason Nahrung, published in Epilogue, edited by Tehani Wessely, Fablecroft Publishing
- “The Six Million Dollar Mermaid,” by Hildy Silverman, published in Mermaids 13: Tales from the Sea, edited by John L. French, Padwolf Publishing
No comments yet.