The Association of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists (ASFA) has announced this year’s winners for the Chesley Awards. The awards were presented at LoneStarCon 3, the 71st Worldcon, in San Antonio, Texas on August 30.
- Best Cover Illustration: Paperback Book: John Picacio for The Creative Fire, by Brenda Cooper
- Best Cover Illustration: Hardback Book: Todd Lockwood for The Wild Road, by Jennifer Roberson
- Best Cover Illustration: Magazine: Ken Barthelmey for Clarkesworld #74, November 2012
- Best Interior Illustration: Sam Burley for “Brother. Prince. Snake.,” by Cecil Castellucci
- Best Monochrome Work: Unpublished: Raoul Vitale for “Last of His Kind,” pencil
- Best Color Work: Unpublished: Julie Bell for “A Passion for the Future,” oil
- Best Three-Dimensional Art: James Shoop for “Ramataur,” bronze
- Best Gaming-Related Illustration: David Palumbo for “Ereshkigal, Death Mistress”
- Best Product Illustration: John Picacio for La Sirena, (Lotera card)
- Best Art Director: Irene Gallo for Tor
- Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement: Gerald Brom
No comments yet.