SF Canada has announced the creation of the SF Canada Award. The award will be a $500 prize given to the winners of the Aurora Award for Best Novel in both the English and French categories. The first cash award will be presented on May 13, 2011 at Congrès Boréal in Montréal to the winner of the Prix Aurora-Boréal. The second cash award will be presented on November 18-20, 2011 in Toronto to the winner of the Aurora Award for best fantasy and/or science fiction novel published in English.
Nominees for the Prix Rosny, presented by the French National Science Fiction Convention, have been announced. The winners will be announced at this year’s convention in Grenoble, the weekend of August 26-29.
- Le Déchronologue, by Stéphane Beauverger
- Tancrède. Une uchronie, by Ugo Bellagamba
- Outrage et rébellion, by Catherine Dufour
- La Loi du désert, by Frank Ferrik
- Suprématie, by Laurent McAllister
- Nuigrave, by Lorris Murail
- «Verre brisé», by Célia Deiana
- «Les Fleurs de Troie», by Jean-Claude Dunyach
- «Les Trois livres qu’Absalon Nathan n’écrira jamais», by Léo Henry
- «Trois singes», by Laurent Kloetzer
- «Terre de fraye», by Jérôme Noirez
- «Alice in Wonderland», by Martin Winkler