SFWA presented the 50th annual Nebula Awards in San Jose, CA on May 18. In addition to the Nebula Awards, SFWA also presented the Kevin O’Donnell Service to SFWA Award, the Damon Knight Grand Master Award, the Andre Norton Award, and the Ray Bradbury Award.
- Best Novel: Ancillary Justice, by Ann Leckie
- Best Novella: The Weight of the Sunrise, by Vylar Kaftan
- Best Novelette: “The Waiting Stars,” by Aliette de Bodard
- Best Short Story: “If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love,” by Rachel Swirsky
- Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy: Sister Mine, by Nalo Hopkinson
- Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation: Gravity, written by Alfonso Cuarón and Jonás Cuarón, directed by Alfonso Cuarón
- Kevin J. O’Donnell Service to SFWA Award: Michael Armstrong
- Damon Knight Grand Master Award: Samuel R. Delany
SFWA will be presenting the Nebula Awards from San Jose this evening beginning around 7:45 PST. The event will be streamed on Ustream. In addition to the Nebula Awards presentations will include the Service to SFWA Award, the Grand Master Award, the Bradbury Award, and the Norton Award. Ellen Klages will be toastmastering.
A note: As I will be attending the ceremony, the posting of results here may be delayed.
To watch the awards…
Michael Armstrong has been announced as the recipient of this year’s Kevin O’Donnell, Jr. Service to SFWA Award for his work on numerous committees since the 1980s, including the Contracts Committee, the Bylaws Committee, and the Grievance Committee. Armstrong has also served on Nebula Juries and multiple terms as Western Regional Director.The presentation will be made during the Nebula Awards weekend in San Jose, California the weekend of May 15-18.
For more information…