Renovation has announced that it received 1,006 nominating ballots for the Hugo Award, the first time more than 1,000 ballots have been received for nominations. The ballots represent 21 countries on 6 continents. In 2010, 864 nominating ballots were received. The nominees for the Hugo Awards will be announced on April 24 jointly at Eastercon and Norwescon via streaming video.
The nominees for the Philip K. Dick Award, presented annually for best paperback original book by the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust, have been announced. The winner will be announced on Friday, April 22 at Norwescon 34 in Seatac, WA.
- Yarn, by Jon Armstrong
- Chill, by Elizabeth Bear
- The Reapers Are the Angels, by Alden Bell
- Song of Scarabaeus, by Sara Creasy
- The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack, by Mark Hodder
- Harmony, by Project Itoh, translated by Alexander O. Smith
- State of Decay, by James Knapp