The short list for the Arthur C. Clarke Awards have been announced. The winner will be announced at the SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival on Wednesday April 27, 2011, in London. The winner will receive £2011 and a commemorative engraved bookend. Although Tim Powers’s Declare was published in the United States in 2001, Clarke eligibility is based on UK publication, and the novel was not published in the United Kingdom until 2010.
- Zoo City, by Lauren Beukes
- The Dervish House, by Ian McDonald
- Monsters of Men, by Patrick Ness
- Generosity, by Richard Powers
- Declare, by Tim Powers
- Lightborn, by Tricia Sullivan