The winners for the Eisner Awards were announced at the International Comic-Con in San Diego, California. The Eisners are presented for excellence in comic book/graphic novel writing and illustrating.
- Best Short Story: “Murder He Wrote,” by Ian Booth by, Nina Matsumoto, and Andrew Pepoy, in The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror #14
- Best Continuing Series: All Star Superman, by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely
- Best Limited Series: Hellboy: The Crooked Man, by Mike Mignola and Richard Corben
- Best New Series: Invincible Iron Man, by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larocca
- Best Publication for Kids: Tiny Titans, by Art Baltazar and Franco
- Best Publication for Teens/Tweens: Coraline, by Neil Gaiman, adapted by P. Craig Russell
- Best Humor Publication: Herbie Archives, by “Sean O’Shea” (Richard E. Hughes) and Ogden Whitney
- Best Anthology: Comic Book Tattoo: Narrative Art Inspired by the Lyrics and Music of Tori Amos, edited by Rantz Hoseley
- Best Digital Comic: Finder, by Carla Speed McNeil
- Best Reality-Based Work: What It Is, by Lynda Barry
- Best Graphic Album-New: Swallow Me Whole, by Nate Powell
- Best Graphic Album-Reprint: Hellboy Library Edition, vols. 1 and 2, by Mike Mignola
- Best Archival Collection/Project-Strips: Little Nemo in Slumberland, Many More Splendid Sundays, by Winsor McCay
- Best Archival Collection/Project-Comic Books: Creepy Archives, by various
- Best U.S. Edition of International Material: The Last Musketeer, by Jason
- Best U.S. Edition of International Material-Japan: Dororo, by Osamu Tezuka
- Best Writer: Bill Willingham, Fables, House of Mystery
- Best Writer/Artist: Chris Ware, Acme Novelty Library
- Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team: Guy Davis, BPRD
- Best Painter/Multimedia Artist: Jill Thompson, Magic Trixie, Magic Trixie Sleeps Over
- Best Cover Artist: James Jean, Fables; The Umbrella Academy
- Best Coloring: Dave Stewart, Abe Sapien: The Drowning, BPRD, The Goon, Hellboy, Solomon Kane, The Umbrella Academy, Body Bags, Captain America: White
- Best Lettering: Chris Ware, Acme Novelty Library #19
- Best Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism: Comic Book Resources, produced by Jonah Weiland
- Best Comics-Related Book: Kirby: King of Comics, by Mark Evanier
- Best Publication Design: Hellboy Library Editions, designed by Cary Grazzini and Mike Mignola
- Hall of Fame: Harold Gray, Graham Ingalls, Matt Baker, Reed Crandall, Russ Heath.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.