The winners of the British Fantasy Awards were announced on September 20 at Fantasycon 2009 in Nottingham. Winners are listed below.
- Best Novel (The August Derleth Fantasy Award): Memoirs of a Master Forger, by Graham Joyce writing as William Heaney
- Best Novella: “The Reach of Children,” by Tim Lebbon
- Best Short Fiction: “Do You See,” by Sarah Pinborough
- Best Collection: Bull Running for Girls, by Allyson Bird
- Best Anthology: The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 19, edited by Stephen Jones
- The PS Publishing Best Small Press Award: Elastic Press
- Best Artist: Vincent Chong
- Best Comic/Graphic Novel: Locke and Key, written by Joe Hill, art by Gabriel Rodriguez
- Best Non-Fiction: Basil Copper: A Life in Books by Basil Copper, edited by Stephen Jones
- Best Magazine/Periodical: Postscripts, edited by Peter Crowther and Nick Gevers
- Best Television: Doctor Who
- Best Film: The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.