The Hugo Awards were presented at Aussiecon 4 on September 5.
- Best Novel: (tie): The City & The City, by China Miéville; The Windup Girl, by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Best Novella: “Palimpsest,” by Charles Stross
- Best Novelette: “The Island,” by Peter Watts
- Best Short Story: “Bridesicle,” by Will McIntosh
- Best Related Work: This is Me, Jack Vance! (Or, More Properly, This is “I”), by Jack Vance
- Best Graphic Story: Girl Genius, Volume 9: Agatha Heterodyne and the Heirs of the Storm, written by Kaja and Phil Foglio; art by Phil Foglio; colours by Cheyenne Wright
- Best Dramatic Presentation – Long Form: Moon, screenplay by Nathan Parker; story by Duncan Jones;
directed by Duncan Jones
- Best Dramatic Presentation – Short Form: Doctor Who: “The Waters of Mars,” written by Russell T Davies & Phil Ford; directed by Graeme Harper
- Best Editor, Long Form: Patrick Nielsen Hayden
- Best Editor, Short Form: Ellen Datlow
- Best Professional Artist: Shaun Tan
- Best Semiprozine: Clarkesworld, edited by Neil Clarke, Sean Wallace, & Cheryl Morgan
- Best Fan Writer: Frederik Pohl
- Best Fanzine: StarShipSofa, edited by Tony C. Smith
- Best Fan Artist: Brad W. Foster
- The John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer: Seanan McGuire
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.