The British Fantasy Awards were presented on September 18 in Nottingham. The winners are listed here.
- Best Novel: the August Derleth Fantasy Award: One, Conrad Williams
- Best Novella: The Language Of Dying, by Sarah Pinborough
- Best Short Fiction: “What Happens When You Wake Up In The Night,” by Michael Marshall Smith
- Best Anthology: The Mammoth Book Of Best New Horror 20, edited by Stephen Jones
- Best Collection: Love Songs For The Shy And Cynical, by Robert Shearman
- The PS Publishing Best Small Press Award: Telos Publishing, David Howe
- Best Comic/Graphic Novel: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader?, Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert
- Best Artist: Vincent Chong, for work including covers for The Witnesses Are Gone and The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 20
- Best Non-Fiction: Ansible, by David Langford
- Best Magazine/Periodical: Murky Depths, edited and published by Terry Martin
- Best Television: Doctor Who, Russell T Davies
- Best Film: Let The Right One In, directed by Tomas Alfredson
- Best Newcomer – the Sydney J. Bounds Award:Living with Ghosts, by Kari Sperring
- The British Fantasy Society Special Award: the Karl Edward Wagner Award: Robert Holdstock
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.