Atlanta Nights, by Travis Tea, has been optioned for a film. The book was created in 2004 as part of a sting operation by members of SFWA against the publisher PublishAmerica. After the book was accepted the the hoax revealed, PublishAmerica canceled the contract. Each chapter of the work was written by a different author with no regard for plot, continuity, spelling, or grammar. According to one of the authors, the film would take the form of a joint documentary and partial dramatic presentation. As with the money raised through past sales of the book, the option money will be used for the SFWA Emergency Medical Fund. The project is being crowdfunded.
The Faan Awards, given to recognize achievements in fannish publishing and voted on by fans, were presented at Corflu in San Jose this weekend.
- Best Fanzine: Trapdoor, edited by Robert Lichtman
- Best Fan Writer: Roy Kettle
- Best Fan Artist: Steve Stiles
- Best Fannish Website: Efanzines.com
- Harry Warner Memorial Correspondent Award: Robert Lichtman