The Science Fiction Research Association announced their awards in advance of their annual conference, which will be held this year in Lublin, Poland from July 7-11. The awards recognize scholarship into science fiction and fantasy. The Pilgrim Award is a lifetime achievement award. The Pioneer Award is given for best essay of the year. The Clareson Award is presented for service to SF scholarship. The Mary Kay Bray Award is given for best article, essay, or review to appear in the SFRA Review.
- Pilgrim Award: Donna Haraway
- Pioneer Award: John Rieder, “On Defining SF, or Not: Genre Theory, SF, and History”
- Clareson Award: The Tiptree Motherboard (Karen Joy Fowler, Debbie Notkin, Ellen Klages, Jeanne Gomoll, Jeff Smith, Pat Murphy)
- Mary Kay Bray: Alfredo Suppia, “Southern Portable Panic: Federico Álvarez’s Ataque de Pánico!”
- Student Paper: Bradley Fest, “Tales of Archival Crisis: Stephenson’s Reimagining of the Post-Apocalyptic Frontier”
- Student Paper Honorable Mention: Erin McQuiston, “Thank God It’s Friday: Threatened Frontier Masculinity in Robinson Crusoe on Mars”
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.