The winners for this year’s Aurealis Awards, presented for excellence in Australian speculative fiction, have been announced. The awards were presented on May 21 at a ceremony held at the Independent Theatre in Sydney.
- Children’s Fiction (told primarily through words): The Keepers, by Lian Tanner
- Children’s Fiction (told primarily through pictures): The Boy and the Toy, by Sonya Hartnett (writer) & Lucia Masciullo (illustrator)
- Young Adult Short Story: “A Thousand Flowers, Margo Lanagan, Zombies Vs Unicorns, Allen & Unwin
- Young Adult Novel: Guardian of the Dead, by Karen Healey
- Best Illustrated Book/Graphic Novel: Changing Ways Book 1, by Justin Randall
- Best Collection: The Girl With No Hands, by Angela Slatter
- Best Anthology: Wings of Fire, edited by Jonathan Strahan & Marianne S. Jablon
- Horror Short Story:”The Fear,” by Richard Harland
- Horror Novel: Madigan Mine, by Kirstyn McDermott
- Fantasy Short Story: “The February Dragon,” by LL Hannett & Angela Slatter
- Fantasy Novel: Power and Majesty, by Tansy Rayner Roberts
- Science Fiction Short Story: “The Heart of a Mouse,” by K.J. Bishop
- Science Fiction Novel: Transformation Space, by Marianne de Pierres
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.