The Chesley Awards were presented by the Association of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists (ASFA) at Renovation on August 18. The Chesleys recognize excellence in speculative fiction art.
- Best Cover Illustration – Paperback Book: Jason Chan, for Geist, by Phillipa Ballantine
- Best Cover Illustration – Hardback Book: Michael Whelan, for The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson
- Best Cover Illustration – Magazine: Nick Greenwood, for Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show, 6/10
- Best Interior Illustration: Donato Giancola, Middle Earth: Visions of a Modern Myth, by Donato Giancola
- Best Three-Dimensional Art: Mark Newman, “Eel Walker”; bronze
- Best Color Work—Unpublished: Julie Dillon, “Planetary Alignment”; digital
- Best Monochrome Work – Unpublished: Ian Miller, “Triptych”; ink
- Best Product Illustration: Sam Weber, Shadow Rising, by Robert Jordan, promo art for Tor ebook, 1/10
- Best Gaming-Related Illustration: Lucas Graciano, “Amorphous Drake” Legends of Norrath
- Best Art Director: Jon Schindehette, for Wizards of the Coast
- Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement: Boris Vallejo
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.