The Hugo Awards were presented on August 20 at Renovation, the 69th World Science Fiction Convention. The winners are listed below.
- Best Novel: Blackout/All Clear, by Connie Willis
- Best Novella: The Lifecycle of Software Objects, by Ted Chiang
- Best Novelette: “The Emperor of Mars,” by Allen M. Steele
- Best Short Story: “For Want of a Nail,” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Best Related Work: Chicks Dig Time Lords: A Celebration of Doctor Who by the Women Who
Love It, edited by Lynne M. Thomas and Tara O’Shea
- Best Graphic Story: Girl Genius, Volume 10: Agatha Heterodyne and the Guardian Muse,
written by Phil and Kaja Foglio; art by Phil Foglio; colors by Cheyenne Wright
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form: Inception, written and directed by Christopher Nolan
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: Doctor Who: “The Pandorica Opens”/”The Big Bang,” written by Steven Moffat; directed by Toby Haynes
- Best Editor Short Form: Sheila Williams
- Best Editor Long Form: Lou Anders
- Best Professional Artist: Shaun Tan
- Best Semi Prozine: Clarkesworld, edited by Neil Clarke, Cheryl Morgan, Sean Wallace; podcast directed by Kate Baker
- Best Fanzine: The Drink Tank, edited by Christopher J Garcia and James Bacon
- Best Fan Writer: Claire Brialey
- Best Fan artist: Brad W. Foster
- John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer: Lev Grossman
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.