The winners of the SFRA Awards, presented annually by the Science Fiction Research Association, have been announced. The presentation of the awards will be at this year’s SFRA conference, 28 June-1 July, in Detroit, Michigan.
- Pilgrim Award (for life time contributions to SF/F studies): Pamela Sargent
- Pioneer Award (for outstanding essay-length work of the year): “Toward a Cosmopolitan Science Fiction,” by David M. Higgins
- Thomas D. Clareson Award for Distinguished Service: Art Evans
- Mary Kay Bray Award (for the best essay, interview, or extended review in the past year’s SFRA Review): “Review of Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” by T.S. Miller
- Student Essay Award (for best student paper presented at the previous year’s SFRA conference): “Fantastic Voices: Octavia Butler’s First-Person Narrators and ‘The Evening and the Morning and the Night’,” by Florian Bast
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.