The Ditmar Awards were presented on June 10 at Continuum 8 – the 51st Australian National SF convention. The winners are listed below.
- Best Novel: The Courier’s New Bicycle, by Kim Westwood
- Best Novella or Novelette: “The Past is a Bridge Best Left Burnt,” by Paul Haines
- Best Short Story: “The Patrician,” by Tansy Rayner Roberts
- Best Collected Work: The Last Days of Kali Yuga, by Paul Haines, edited by Angela Challis
- Best Artwork: Cover art, Kathleen Jennings, for The Freedom Maze
- Best Fan Writer: Robin Pen, for “The Ballad of the Unrequited Ditmar”
- Best Fan Artist: Kathleen Jennings, for work in Errantry including “The Dalek Game”
- Best Fan Publication in Any Medium: The Writer and the Critic, by Kirstyn McDermott and Ian Mond
- Best New Talent: Joanne Anderton
- William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review: Alexandra Pierce and Tehani Wessely, for reviews of Vorkosigan Saga, in Randomly Yours, Alex
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.