The Chesley Awards were presented at Chicon 7 by ASFA, the Association of Science Fiction & Fantasy Artists. The awards presentation was followed by a reception in the Chicon 7 art show, which included a representation of the H. Rider Haggard Room of the Jane and Howard Frank House.
- Best Cover Illustration, Hardback Book: Deathbird Stories, by Tom Kidd
- Best Cover Illustration, Paperback Book: The Cloud Roads, by Matthew Stewart
- Best Cover Illustration, Magazine: Weird Tales #357, by Lee Moyer
- Best Interior Illustration: The Dala Horse, by Julie Dillon
- Best Gaming-Related Illustration: Distress (2012 core set Magic card, by Michael C. Hayes
- Best Product Illustration: George R. R. Martin: A Song of Ice and Fire 2012 Calendar, by John Picacio
- Best Three-Dimensional Art: (tie) Moonstruck, by Michael Parkes;Robobike, by Vincent Villafranca
- Best Color Work, Unpublished: The Dragon and the Nightingale, by Omar Rayyan
- Best Monochrome Work, Unpublished: The Yeti, by Raoul Vitale
- Best Art Director: Irene Gallo
- Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement: Jean “Moebius” Giraud
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.