The winners of the Julius Vogel Awards were announce at ConClave 2 in Wellington on April 26. The award is given to citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand and voted on by members of the New Zealand National Convention.
- Best Novel: Heartwood, by Freya Robertson
- Best YA Novel: Raven Flight, by Juliet Marillier
- Best Novella / Novellete: Cave Fever, by Lee Murray
- Best Short Story: “By bone-Light,” by Juliet Marillier
- Best Collected Work: Baby Teeth, edited by Dan Rabarts and Lee Murray
- Best Professional Artwork: Cover of Regeneration: New Zealand Speculative Fiction 2, by Emma Weakley
- Best Dramatic Presentation: The Almighty Johnsons, Season 3
- Best Professional Production/Publication: WearableArt
- Best Fan Writing (tie): Alan Parker for “Presidential Address” in Novazine and Lynelle Howell for “Presidential Sweet” and “DuhVice” in Phoenixzines
- Best Fan Artwork: Held Over to 2015
- Best Fan Production/Publication: Phoenixine edited by John & Lynelle Howell
- Best New Talent: Dan Rabarts
- Services to Fandom: The League of Victorian Imagineers
- Services to Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror: Helen Lowe
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.