The nominations for the Seiun Awards have been announced. The translation categories are presented below. The Seiun Awards are the Japanese fan-voted awards and winners will be announced at Nutscon, the 53rd Japanese National SF convention, held July 19-20, 2014 in Tsukuba Japan.
Best Translated Novel
- Incandescence, by Greg Egan, translated by Yamagishi Shin
- Serpent’s Egg, by R.A. Lafferty, translated by Inoue Hisashi
- Embassytown, by China Miéville, translated by Masayuki Uchida
- Kraken, by China Miéville, translated by Masamichi Higurashi
- The Islanders, by Christopher Priest, translated by Furusawa Yoshimi-dori
- Blindsight, by Peter Watts, translated by Yoichi Shimada
- Blackout/All Clear, by Connie Willis, translated by N. Omori
Best Translated Story
- “Final Exam,” by Megan Akenberg, translated by Jun Suzuki
- “Vacuum Lad,” by Stephen Baxter, translated by Yagauchi Satoru
- “Christopher Raven,” by Theodora Goss, translated by Jun Suzuki
- “The Man Who Bridged the Mist,” by Kij Johnson, translated by Misumi Kazuyo
- “The Paper Menagerie,” by Ken Liu, translated by Furusawa Yoshimi-dori
- “Palimpsest,” by Charles Stross, translated by Hiroshi Kaneko
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.