The Retro-Hugos were presented at Loncon 3 on the evening of August 14 at a ceremony hosted by Mary Robinette Kowal and Rob Shearman. The Retro-Hugo base, designed by Marina Gélineau, had a depiction of the Chrysler Building in New York next to the traditional rocket. Other awards presented during the ceremony are listed here
- Best Novel: The Sword in the Stone, by T. H. White
- Best Novella: “Who Goes There?,” by Don A Stuart (a.k.a. John W. Campbell, Jr.)
- Best Novelette: “Rule 18,” by Clifford D. Simak
- Best Short Story: “How We Went to Mars,” by Arthur C. Clarke
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: The War of the Worlds, by H. G. Wells. Written by Howard Koch & Anne Froelick; Directed by Orson Welles (The Mercury Theater of the Air, CBS)
- Best Editor, Short Form: John W. Campbell, Jr.
- Best Professional Artist: Virgil Finlay
- Best Fanzine: Imagination!, edited by Forrest J Ackerman, Morojo, and T. Bruce Yerke
- Best Fan Writer: Ray Bradbury
- Special Committee Award: Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster for the introduction of Superman in Action Comics #1
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.