The winners for R. Graeme Cameron’s Faned Awards for Canadian fandom have been announced. This year, Cameron expanded the voting pool.
- Best Writer: Taral Wayne
- Best LOC Writer: Brad Foster
- Best Artist: Brad Foster
- Best Canadian Fanzine: Broken Toys, editor Taral Wayne
- Faned Hall of Fame: Fred Hurter Jr., editor of Censored from June 1941 to 1951, a fanzine noted for its high quality silkscreen covers and wide-ranging variety of content. Surpassed Light and inspired the creation of the fanzine Canadian Fandom.
Canadian fan R. Graeme Cameron, who founded the Canadian Fanzine Fanac Society and began to present the Faned Awards for Canadian fanzines, has announced that he will accept votes from around the world instead of just Canada this year. According to Cameron, only 19 people voted last year, and since many LOCs and contributions to Canadian fanzines originate in other countries, it is clear that interest in Canadian fanzines is international.
R. Graeme Cameron has announced the winners of the third annual Faned Awards, which, for the first time, were selected by popular vote. Cameron invented the Faneds to recognize work being done by Canadians in fanzines.
- Hall of Fame: Leslie A. Croutch (for 1940s/50s fanac, & zine Light)
- Best Fan Artist: Taral Wayne
- Best Letter of Comment Writer: Lloyd Penney
- Best Fan Writer: R. Graeme Cameron
- Best Fanzine: Space Cadet, by R. Graeme Cameron