The Faan Awards, given to recognize achievements in fannish publishing and voted on by fans, were presented at Corflu in San Jose this weekend.
- Best Fanzine: Trapdoor, edited by Robert Lichtman
- Best Fan Writer: Roy Kettle
- Best Fan Artist: Steve Stiles
- Best Fannish Website: Efanzines.com
- Harry Warner Memorial Correspondent Award: Robert Lichtman
The Organization for Transformative Works has announced a partnership with the University of Iowa to create the Fan Culture Preservation Project. The project hopes to artifacts of fannish culture and make them accessible to wider popular and research audiences. Items in the collection include fanzines, convention program books, and other materials. The first donation is a collection of 3,000 fanzines previously housed in Santa Barbara, California.
For more information…