WSFS has announced the finalists for their annual small press award. Short stories published in small press publications are eligible. The winner will be announced at Capclave the weekend of October 16 in Rockville, Maryland.
- “Drinking Problem,” by K.D. Wentworth, Seeds of Change, edited by John Joseph Adams, Prime Books
- “Hard Rain at the Fortean Café,” by Lavie Tidhar, Aeon Speculative Fiction Magazine 14, edited by Bridget McKenna
- “His Last Arrow,” by Christopher Sequeira, Gaslight Grimoire: Fantastic Tales of Sherlock Holmes, edited by Jeff Campbell and Charles Prepolec, Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing
- “Silent as Dust,” by James Maxey, Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show, edited by Edmund R. Schubert
- “Spider the Artist,” by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu, Seeds of Change, edited by John Joseph Adams, Prime Books
- “The Absence of Stars: Part 1,” by Greg Siewert, Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show, edited by Edmund R. Schubert,
- “The Toy Car,” by Luisa Maria Garcia Velasco, (translated from Spanish by Ian Watson) Aberrant Dreams, 4/08, edited by Joseph W. Dickerson